Medical Arts Building
384 Peachtree Street NE
The Medical Arts Building was built in 1927 as a medical office building with a pharmacy and other retail space on the ground floor. Designed by noted regional architect G. Lloyd Preacher, the 12-story, 85,000 square-foot structure was equipped with state-of-the-art amenities when it opened in 1927. An innovative feature of the building is its attached parking deck, indicating the growing influence of the automobile on building design. The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2016.
The building stood abandoned for decades and was listed by Atlanta Preservation Center as “Atlanta’s Most Endangered Historic Places,” in 2001 and 2011. It is Atlanta’s tallest unrestored historic building. Plans are underway to preserve and rehabilitate the Medical Arts Building per National Park Service Standards using historic tax credits.