Residential

Permalink Gallery

GE Lofts

GE Lofts
172 Haynes Street NW

This circa-1917 building, located in the historic Castleberry Hill district, originally served as a warehouse for lighting supplies and small appliances. Its industrial architectural elements include exposed ductwork, high ceilings, oversized windows, and interior brick walls. In 1995 the building was rehabilitated to apartments and has recently been converted to condominiums.

Permalink Gallery

Kirkwood Lofts

Kirkwood Lofts
138 Kirkwood Road NE

The Kirkwood Lofts are located in the former Kirkwood Elementary School in the Kirkwood district of Atlanta, an early streetcar suburb first developed in the 1870’s. Originally designed as a school in 1906 by John Francis Downing, son of the noted Atlanta architect W.T. Downing, the building was renovated in 1997 into loft condominiums.

Permalink Gallery

Lullwater

Lullwater
1610 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE

Located near the Emory University Campus in the Druid Hills neighborhood, Lullwater Estate was built in 1920. One of the famous Druid Hills mansions, the home was owned by one of the Candlers, a prominent Atlanta family. In 1984, the home was completely rehabilitated and became the centerpiece of a condominium complex.

Permalink Gallery

Peachtree Manor Hotel

Peachtree Manor Hotel
826 Peachtree Street

The five story Peachtree Manor Hotel was designed and constructed in 1924 by famed Atlanta architect Neel Reid, and his firm Hentz, Reid and Adler. Designed as apartments in the Georgian Revival style, its façade features limestone over red brick. In 1947, it was converted to a hotel. In the mid-1980’s, the building was partially reconverted to apartments, but work was halted and the structure remained vacant for almost fifteen years. Today the units have been fully rehabilitated into the Cornerstone Village condominium complex.

Permalink Original wood windows at Chatham Court, Piedmont & Third Aves.Gallery

Piedmont and Third

Piedmont and Third
690 Piedmont Avenue NE

Formerly known as the Devonshire and Chatham Court Apartments, these two buildings are located in the Midtown Historic District. They were designed and built in 1918 by one of Atlanta’s first female architects, Leila Ross Wilburn. The three-story buildings are constructed of red brick with sun porch wings and symmetrical fenestration.

Permalink Gallery

Roosevelt High School

Roosevelt High School
745 Rosalia Street SE

Roosevelt High School, originally the Atlanta Girls High School, was constructed in 1924 by the architectural firm of Edwards and Sayward. The building incorporates a mix of ecclesiastical architectural elements, including a Gothic rose window, Romanesque arches, and a Byzantine dome. A City of Atlanta Landmark Site and part of historic Grant Park, Roosevelt High School was converted to apartments in the late 1980’s.

Permalink Gallery

Schoolhouse Lofts

Schoolhouse Lofts
729 Edgewood Avenue NE

The Schoolhouse Lofts were constructed in 1892 by architects Gottfried and Norman as an elementary school. The building is located in the historic Inman Park district, and was rehabilitated in the early 1990’s as condominiums.

Permalink Gallery

Spotswood Hall

Spotswood Hall
555 Argonne Drive

One of the earliest Buckhead-area homes, Spotswood Hall was constructed in 1913 by famous architect Anthony Ten Eyck Brown, and underwent interior renovations in the 1930’s by Philip Schutze. Featuring a two-story, pedimented portico with Ionic columns, the house remains an outstanding wood-framed example of the Neo-Classical style. Today, it remains a private residence.

Permalink Gallery

Telephone Factory Lofts

Telephone Factory Lofts
828 Ralph McGill Boulevard

Constructed in 1939 by Walter R. Kattelle, the Western Electric Building served as a telephone factory. It is an excellent example of twentieth-century industrial architecture, featuring a modernist design that incorporates rectilinear patterns and a vertical-feeling facade. In the mid-1990’s, the building was converted to apartment residences.

Permalink Gallery

Wigwam Condominiums

Wigwam Condominiums
589 Auburn Avenue NE

Designed by Vincent Daly and constructed by architects Cornelius King and Sons, the Wigwam is one of Atlanta’s rare examples of International Style modernism. Its streamlined look is created by a stucco exterior animated by wrapping corner windows and set-back stairs and terraces. The building is located in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historic District. JC Knight Properties acquired the structure in 2003 for renovation and restoration, and it houses condominiums.