Residential

Permalink Gallery

The Alhambra

The Alhambra
2855 Peachtree Road NW

Constructed in 1927, the Alhambra Apartments were built in the Moorish style popular during the early twentieth century. The building is located in the heart of Buckhead along Peachtree Street. It was rehabilitated as apartments in 1985 and refurbished into luxury condominiums in 2005.

Permalink Gallery

Bass Lofts

Bass Lofts
1080 Euclid Avenue NE

Located at the edge of the Little Five Points district, this building was constructed by Morgan and Dillon as a junior high school. Built in a modified Art-Deco style, its rehabilitation into lofts earned it several preservation awards, including the Georgia Trust Award for Historic Preservation in 1999.

Permalink Gallery

Biltmore Tower

Biltmore Tower
150 5th Street

The 1924 Biltmore Tower was originally a ten-story “apartment hotel” connected with the larger and more famous Biltmore Hotel next to it. Designed by famed Atlanta architect Philip Schutze, it is built in a classic Neo-Georgian style. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, today this historic apartment building contains executive residences.

Permalink Gallery

Brush Works

Brushworks
19 Hilliard Street SW

Constructed in 1905, this building housed Atlanta’s first commercial laundry, Trio Steam Laundry. Designed in a folk Victorian style, the building features load-bearing walls with a stone and concrete foundation, and an exposed brick interior. In 1946, the Atlanta Brush Company purchased the building and converted it to a factory. In the early 1990’s, the building was rehabilitated for condominiums.

Permalink Gallery

The Bottle Works

The Bottle Works
63 Mangum Street SW

William W. Griffin built the Bottleworks in 1916 as a manufacturing facility in the Castleberry Hill district. The Bottleworks has a flat facade with a modest amount of detailing around the windows and central doorway. The Bottleworks were rehabilitated in 1993, one of many historic industrial buildings in the area that have been converted to loft apartment spaces.

Permalink Gallery

Carriage Works

Carriage Works
530 Means Street NW

Originally known as the Atlanta Buggy Company, this 1903 building was an assembly plant for buggies, including painting, and upholstering. The building’s functional design features load-bearing walls and post-and-beam construction. The building was converted in 1991 into a condominium complex and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.

Permalink Gallery

Crestwood

Crestwood
2840 Peachtree Road NW

Currently a condominium complex, Creswood was built in 1928 by Gardner Spencer Associates as “The Canton Apartments.” Constructed in the English Renaissance style, it is significant architecturally as an example of apartment dwellings in the 1920’s that did not adhere to the common style of the garden apartment facing a courtyard.

Permalink Gallery

Deer Lofts

Deer Lofts
326 Nelson Street SW

Constructed in 1914, this building is located in the historic Castleberry Hill district. It served as the home of the John Deere Plow Company and was the largest warehouse in the district. It features tall ceilings, timber construction, exposed brickwork and an extensive amount of glass. In the mid-1990’s the building was converted to loft condominiums.

Permalink Gallery

Edgewood Lofts

Edgewood Lofts
510 Edgewood Avenue SE

Constructed in 1946 by Ben Golden, this building originally housed an architectural firm and a cabinet shop. Constructed in the International style, the building features ribbon windows, horizontal lines, and a simple, rectangular look. Located in the historically African-American “Sweet Auburn” neighborhood, it was rehabilitated in the mid-1990’s as a condominium development.

Permalink Gallery

Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill

Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill
170 Boulevard Avenue

The Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill Company is surrounded by its former mill village, Cabbagetown, in southeast Atlanta. The industrial site was developed between 1881 and 1921 by the architectural firms of Shand & Lafaye and W.B. Smith & Whaley. An excellent example of Atlanta’s early industrial architectural style, the complex features functional brick buildings with exposed beams and skylights. Vacant for years but listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the mill was sold in 1995 to Aderhold Properties for redevelopment into loft apartments. Easements are held on several of the buildings located in the complex.