Project Description

Oddfellows Building
205 Auburn Avenue NE

The Oddfellows Building complex is located in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historic District on Auburn Avenue, once the hub of Atlanta’s African American commercial life. Built under the guidance of black business leader Herman Perry in 1913, the building was constructed in the Jacobean style with terra cotta on its facade. The building contained African American owned businesses, an auditorium, and a roof garden. It served as the site of many black social functions of the 1920’s and 1930’s. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, then renovated in the 1980’s. Easements Atlanta holds an easement on the tower portion of the complex.