Project Description

Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill
170 Boulevard Avenue

The Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill Company is surrounded by its former mill village, Cabbagetown, in southeast Atlanta. The industrial site was developed between 1881 and 1921 by the architectural firms of Shand & Lafaye and W.B. Smith & Whaley. An excellent example of Atlanta’s early industrial architectural style, the complex features functional brick buildings with exposed beams and skylights. Vacant for years but listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the mill was sold in 1995 to Aderhold Properties for redevelopment into loft apartments. Easements are held on several of the buildings located in the complex.